OS:Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
Updated:Dec 12, 2017,,,,,,,,AMCap is a webcam video capture program which records what your webcam sees and saves it directly to your hard drive.
Support both AVI and MPEG video saving, AMCap makes recording webcam videos so easy. Some additional features include applying special effects (like alpha-blending, transparency, overlays) and can take still screenshot images on the fly.
Newer features include DV camcorder and TV tuner support, better compression, zooming and full-screen support.
Overall, this is a very simple video capturing tool and doesn’t feature very many advanced functions. It doesn’t really work as a viable surveillance tool because video files take up so much space without much needed compression. It also does not take automatic screenshots, which was a let down.
With that said, if you do just want a simple utility to record from your webcam, AMCap might be what you’re looking for.
AMCap is software which can capture webcam streams.
Features and highlights
- DV camcorder playback and recording
- Improved MPEG-2 playback and recording
- Improved analog TV tuner support
- Manual still capture to files (.bmp, .jpg or .png) or to the clipboard
- Automatic (periodic) still capture
- Optional real-time compression (Windows Media Video 9 or any installed CODECs)
- Optionally audio capture from the video source or any alternate audio sources
AMCap 9.23 on 32-bit and 64-bit PCs
This download is licensed as shareware for the Windows operating system from video capture software and can be used as a free trial until the trial period ends (after an unspecified number of days). The AMCap Webcam Capture 9.23 demo is available to all software users as a free download with potential restrictions and is not necessarily the full version of this software.